PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 21:37
GLENO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man Guy.....I too flew the Madrid route when Ba and Bacon were operating it 4 times over the past 2 years...the last being on an Embraer 145 Outbound and a Bae146 Inbound on the same day at the beginning of March last year.
Both flights were full and I cannot understand why the route was dropped?? surely this route would bring in better yield passsengers rather than some French regional routes that Flybe seem to like.This would have been the ideal opportunity for Flybe to enter the Spanish market from Manchester....should have grabbed the Route with both hands.....but then again what do I know????

Ringwayman...... I hear what your saying and I agree really Manchester has been well and truly shafted by Ba time and time again...bosses should tell them if they objected to a certain carrier who applies for any route to go and take a run and jump,.....but the management of the airport must take some of the blame for this as well.....bet they thought never in a million years Ba would up sticks and just leave us with the London and New York services.Should'nt have all your eggs in one basket.........

Do you really think that waiting for the 787 and A350 will be a good thing??Sick and tired of hearing " wait until airline X gets 787/A350 they they will consider a 3/4 times a week service because they cannot fill a 747 etc" how many times have we heard the rumour of Thai,Northwest,Air New Zealand to name a few ....... I will believe it when I see it and I may have to wait a long time!