PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Would you put PPL on your CV??
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2007, 19:50
digital.poet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PompeyPaul,

Your recruiting style will eliminate lots of very high quality applicants, but it is the 'safe' option. I would not pass your test (but then neither would Bill Gates or Richard Branson, so I am in good company). However, the nice thing about this kind of thing is that (and I say this with respect, I am sure you are nice guy personally) people who would not want me to work for them for these reasons will likely not be the kind of people I would want to work for. So it is a win/win.

To answer the original question, yes! Absolutely include it. I intend to when I qualify.

When I have interviewed people for positions, I often get many CVs that are all very similar in quality, and with limited interview slots I have to make a descision based on something. When confronted with two applicants of similar skills and backgrounds, and with one interview slot to fill, I would choose the one who had something on their CV that could give me an 'entry' point in talking with them. An interview is as much about finding out a about a person's character, as it is their skills. A PPL qualification would be a 'loose thread' that I could pull on to get the person talking about their life, drives, ambitions and interests. With some applicants, this can be difficult. It is easier to talk to an applicant who has something really interesting on their CV, this can be in their education, work history, or personal endevours.