PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 777 Incident In Glasgow
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2007, 04:31
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iv been with emirates for 12 years, u might have been flying in some bush for that long....... but just for ur information whenever a local was involved in a problem with management, the decision was always more severe.... infact more than expats.
E.g.: The expat captain who reported to duty drunk in London a couple of months ago was reinstated after jail.... where the local F/O who was drugged in Germany and didnt report drunk to duty, was fired without investigation... do ur research before u spread rumours about people who are paying ur bills.
Sincerely,
Chutny
Well that is utter crap, the expat spent 2 months in the scrubs and is now living in Australia and rebuilding his life outside of EK. The story with the local chap is also significantly different but irrelevant to this discussion.

The Gf A320 did a sort of night visual onto 12 at Bahrain
Actually a sort of night visual from 30 nms out using the VOR to self position followed by a missed approach high speed dive into the sea. Slightly different from being established downwind and turning in to land.

Unless i've been living on a different EK planet, always possible, visual approaches are only permissible if you have no other means of completing an instrument approach. Such as visual off a circling approach, or a self vectored ILS
Yep you've been living on the Planet Normal and have not quite interpreted the 'nuances' of the FOM correctly. There is a difference between a visual circuit approach and a visual approach on transition from an instrument approach, if you read it in that way, the light bulb will come on.

But none of that has anything to do with this incident. I have met the chap concerned and know of his reputation but really think he made a mistake that anyone else could have made. I feel most vulnerable on the ground and sometimes feel quite threatened blundering around in some of our more exotic (Glasgow excluded) locations.