PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing allowance SIA Cargo
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 19:00
BANANASBANANAS

Received 127 Likes on 66 Posts
How many PF sectors have the expats captains actually given the FOs?? ask any FO, and i am sure you will get the answer.....

Do the expats captains (who are supposedly more experienced) actually help the progression of the other younger pilot he has beside him? or does he just treat him as a slave?
If you could learn to treat everyone as an individual, rather than try to lump them into either the expat or local category you would rapidly learn that, yes there are some expat Capts who dont give many sectors. But there are a hell of a lot more local Capts who are much, much worse. Its a lot to do with personal security and comfort levels. We are all (expat and local) different in that regard.

My last COP was 5 sectors. My local F/O got 4 of them. Why? Because he is keen, well prepared, has a great attitude and is pleasant to fly with. Not in any way subservient, sucking up to me or any other form of servile behaviour that you care to name - just a nice guy. If you don't get many PF sectors you might consider that statement.

Questions?

Notes for TI - though why we bother to humour him I don't know.

1. When 4PW's was editing his post (assuming 0609Z) re our condo I was airborne giving my local F/O his fourth PF sector out of 5 operating sectors.

2. I will pass on the gay comments to Mrs Bananas - she likes a good laugh.

Last edited by BANANASBANANAS; 21st Sep 2007 at 19:49.