PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing allowance SIA Cargo
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2007, 13:46
uareapig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While this is becoming a bit of a personal battle between the two of you, it would be wise to step back and really contemplate what is being said...

To be fair, i must agree that both sides do have a valid pt from their pts of view. HA should be paid to expats, that is true... everywhere in the world whether big or small there is at least some form of HA, cheap construction workers have their dorms, while rich IT managers can afford their condos. The rent in Singapore has truely been crazy and I am sure a lot of expats have been badly hit. I mean even if you had rented a place for 2yrs it is still a pain to move halfway through ur stint.

It is also true that there has been a certain air of discontentment abt the amount the expats are asking for.

However I would like to point out that this unhappiness doesnt just stamp from the fact that the expats are asking for an increase in HA. This unhappiness has started from many smaller things

How many PF sectors have the expats captains actually given the FOs?? ask any FO, and i am sure you will get the answer.....

Do the expats captains (who are supposedly more experienced) actually help the progression of the other younger pilot he has beside him? or does he just treat him as a slave?

Are the rosters fair?
because laying over for 4 days in an outside station so that you can pay a visit to your family isnt fair when the local fellows only have 2days at home after a pattern

While i agree that majority of the people are generally nice pple, not all of them make nice pilots, and even less of them are good captains....