PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA licence issue nightmare
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 11:24
Lunchmaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAA licence issue nightmare

Just had the most infuriating email from the CAA personnel licensing department and I'm gutted.
Having passed the GST a month ago I've been itching for the poo brown to turn up only to find that my PPL(A) application was incomplete. Having been supervised by two of my instructors and had all the docs signed off by the CFI there are some glaring omissions:
CAA say there was no QXC certificate included - I'm sure there was.
CAA say there was no FRTOL application included - again I'm sure there was.
CAA say the instructor who signed off my ground exams is not an approved Ground Examiner. They have requested my school now write to the CAA to explain.
I will not be getting my licence until this lot is sorted out. I know I have 12 months from the test to get my licence application approved but this has blown away my excitement at passing.
Anybody know what happens if these vital docs are lost in the post? Does it mean I have to redo some of the training or just get duplicates done? Also, how long can it take to get the school to sort out the examiner issue or can I just get another instructor to sign off my results?
All help or guidance appreciated. I'm off to the school first thing to try and figure this all out.
Lunchmaster