PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2007, 07:29
approachchecks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m-e flyer

Just to say something about some of your comments.

Maybe more crew are not leaving as they could be contracted and cannot leave. That might be the reason.

I am not sure who you work for but maybe if you let everyone know then maybe they could apply if you are so happy there.

I know a good few people who live and work in Dubai and i know for a fact that they cannot afford maids etc on their salary, so I think its not fare to assume that all crew are on these great, not to be missed salaries.
The days of earning and saving alot of money in Dubai are long gone and as Lowy4sure mentioned maybe it will take companies along time to see crew come and go and for owners not to see the same faces in the front, year in and year out before they need to up the contracts to meet the increasing costs in Dubai and to keep crew. I would like to know how anyone can afford to pay their rent if it increases 7% every year but their housing allowances stay the same. At some point it will cost them money to live in Dubai. Villa's for a family of 4 will cost anywhere over AED170.000 a year and if your only getting AED120,000 in a housing allowance..........do the maths yourself.

Maybe you might be willing to live in a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment with your family, kids all being on top of each other in a room, then please be my guest but when I move to a new job or country to work you must have the same living conditions or better. If not you are moving backwards and I am sure you yourself would not be happy to do that. If you dont have kids, not married and are single then great but not everyone falls into this category.
I think they should sort themselves out before things will be better. There is no lack of funds behind this company.

Happy landings guys