PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 18:10
m-e.flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strangely enough, as far as I am aware, a fair few of the crew with Nakheel did have rotation in previous jobs, but opted to have a life, with more quality, being based in an open minded city in the Middle East, including a lifestyle they could never afford in Europe (besides the admittedly higher salaries there). Including maids, a good nightlife and affordable transport home. Great medical cover and compared to most companies, a decent housing allowance paid up front by the company.

I m not sure how you can compare Saudi and Dubai but that s a personal choice. Yes, with the dollar rate at the mo, anyone with commitments in Europe will lose out. But there is plenty of other people.

Coming back to the subject of Nakheel, if it was so bad, why arent more crew leaving? I m not aware of a high turn over at their end. I m also not aware of them not being able to find staff. as you may know from experience they have come to a point of turning people down. They may take time for recruitment and run short for a while, but maybe that s to ensure they recruit the right people. The ones who enjoy Dubai, and appreciate the work environment. Yes, having a family in Dubai is expensive, but this doesnt just apply to Nakheel, the rent problem applies to everyone here.

In general I find it strange, how on this website people drag whole companies through the dirt that may not deserve it. you may want to take revenge on one particular person but you are harming anyone employed, people who are working hard and trying their best.
You point fingers without knowing the whole story. Is it because of rejection? Or too much time on your hands? Why are you all so involved in a company none of you supposedly works for?

As far as I m concerned anyone should make up their own mind. Contact them if you are interested and get a feel for the company. An interview is for an opportunity for both parties, not just the employer to assess if the position would be right for them. Make up your own mind and you may be surprised.

I know the grass is always greener on the other side, and as mentioned there are a lot worse jobs out there.

GH it is surprising your resume is on the IWA desk after the emotions you expressed, the MD maybe leaving but your comments affected anyone employed.It is all about fitting into the team and people that are honest. No company would like to employ staff that take their issues into public or backstab. Makes one wonder

Happy flying everyone, life could be a lot worse