PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bad easyJet experience
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2007, 10:09
Category 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad easyJet experience

Flew STN to EDI last week.

Normal crap procedure commence for boarding the aircraft. Busy flight almost at capacity.

I find an empty row and take my seat by the window. Now I wait for the inevitable - the annoying, smelly passanger from hell.

Anyway, immediatley I spot him. A 40 Year old male, staggering along the aisle, obviously (in my opinion) intoxicated. he is going to sit next to me. Yup - sure enough, Mr Pax from hell (PFH) takes his aisle seat whilst dumping his coat, bag and general filth in the spare seant between us.

Anyway to cut this sorry saga short Mr PFH presses the attention button 3 times before take off. He wants champagne. But it must be chilled. Then after some unbelievable comments in my direction such as 'where are we going' 'what day is it' etc he asks for drinks to be served. He has changed his mind about the Champers and instead wants wine, anyway the thing is the chief stewardess is fully aware of his state and proceeds to give in to his wishes. 2 bottles of wine later and he is shouting we are being hijacked, I'll kill you all etc

This could have escalated into a sever situation if people around him had reacted.

After landing I had a long chat with the captain and chief stewaress and asked them to explain there policies and procedures of dealing with a drunk individual. I was told that for short haul flights it is more hassle not to give him the drinks than it would have been not to serve him.

There is no follow up possible due to the fact there is no seat allocation as his identity is a mystery.

In hind sight, I wish I had asked for the old bill to be called on landing.

Anyone else had similar experiences. How would you have reacted?

PS. My summary does not even come close to describing the seriousness of the events that took place.