PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmi Airbus lands with park brake on (Report)
Old 19th Sep 2007, 06:51
acbus1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACBUS1 "Got an axe to grind with BMI then!"
Don't understand where that suggestion comes from!

I merely listed a combination of pilot errors which contributed (IMHO) to the incident. I was attempting to suggest that the incident was caused, in this instance, more by human error than defective design or ergonomics. The designers can attempt to design error out of the system (and I'm obviously in favour of that) but, in the end, it all boils down to having a minimum level of competence from the cockpit crew. Just my opinion, supported by a list of what I saw as obvious errors. At least I attempted to contribute to the thread topic, unlike those who seem to populate PPRuNe in order to berate contributors, rather than add to the discussion.

As an aside to the thread topic, I certainly do have an axe to grind with the authorities who permit unregulated involvement by psychologists. From my observations, backed by the opinions from the vast majority of colleagues, some of these individuals actually do the industry a disservice. There was a widespread opinion that one such individual was in urgent need of treatment and was certainly unsuitable for the job.