PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Per i piloti di G/A
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2007, 11:37
tarjet fixated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Per i piloti di G/A

Lascio di seguito un paio di estratti da un articolo uscito di recente e vi porgo la domanda:

Cosa si fa in G/A per ridurre la frequenza tali eventi e per migliorare l'addestramento?

Speaking at the European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition in May, Richard Schofield, safety division chief at UK air navigation service provider NATS, said 3.5% of the movements in the airspace it manages are business jets, but 16% of level-bust incidents, 33% of failures to follow standard instrument departures and 12% of altimeter-setting errors involve business jets. In addition, he said that 10% of the particularly dangerous error in which a pilot correctly acknowledges a level-change instruction, but fails to carry it out, involve business-jet operations.
Schofield also revealed that 10% of "gross navigational errors" in the Shanwick Atlantic oceanic area are committed by business-jet crews, and said that, although this represents only a small number of incidents, it is disproportionate to the amount of business-jet activity across the North Atlantic.

As for runway-incursion incidents, Schofield revealed, the largest number in the UK occurs at London Heathrow airport. But that is a function of the airport's complexity and number of total movements, which includes a tiny proportion of business-aircraft operations, he said. The highest rate of runway incursions in the UK, however, occurs at Farnborough, which primarily handles business and corporate aircraft.
Taking UK fatal accidents per million flying hours, the total business-aviation rate is eight and a half times that for large public transport aircraft and in line with the rate for pure freight operations, which Chapman said is unacceptable. He presented evidence that suggests one reason for the disparity between airline and business aircraft safety is that the airlines have been br ought fully into the CAA's long-established mandatory occurrence reporting scheme, but the reporting from the business-aviation sector is proportionately much lower, so sector weaknesses remain hidden and untreated.