PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - McRae Crash & Fatal Accident Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 22:44
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capvermell
You say
I would like to try to get the bottom of how such a terrible accident could have befallen him
If your command of English is an indication, you are an intelligent man or woman. What I find puzzling is that an apparently intelligent person could consider it possible to get to the bottom of what happened, or to form even a preliminary view, at a time when so few facts are known.
There is no information yet available (reliable or even unreliable) which might point to one cause as being more likely than another, or to a combination of causes.

When I read that you consider yourself to be "relatively informed" because of the books you've read and the television programmes you've watched about air accident investigation, I couldn't help but reflect upon the wisdom of what Alexander Pope wrote almost 300 years ago:
"A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring."
The majority of people who post in this forum are professional pilots from all over the world, many of whom can properly be described as experts. Some are well known in the helicopter industry worldwide; others less well known but no less expert. Some, to my knowledge, have experience in a professional capacity of air accident investigations. Does it not occur to you that the reason they have declined to become involved in your speculation is that they know enough to know it's a ridiculous thing to do - particularly when there is so little information available?

Interesting that you've experienced "objectionable and contemptuous attitudes" in other aviation forums. I don't want to speculate with such little information available, but have you considered the possibility that you might be the cause?
The hostility you've encountered in this thread is relatively rare on PPRuNe, particularly in Rotorheads where those with expertise and experience giving generously to those with little or none is such a well-established part of the forum ethos.
If your attitude in this thread is typical, I can't say I'm surprised others have been contemptuous elsewhere. Frankly, your posts have become increasingly like a child stamping its feet because it can't get its own way.

FL

PS. People are now beginning to laugh at you. Perhaps a good time to back off with dignity?

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 17th Sep 2007 at 23:57.