PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nakheel Aviation - Dubai
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 14:49
lowy4sure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nahkeel and Middle East biz

The Md was ex Execujet MD
then Aircharter broker company employee in Jebel Ali
then sold a 1983 Citation III to guy in Dubai that was $400,000 over priced. The aircrafrt was t return to Dubai and go straight into charter but the guy was fired from his aircharter employer and the poor owner had no home for the aircraft to go

He then got the contract for Nahkeel " under a new company he started" How do I know, I bid of the contract

Nahkeel then asked him to get them their own AOC
he did not pocess the ability to do this so he subcontracted a stand up guy to do it for $90,000. After the AOC was finished, he then paid the stand uo guy onl $45,000 for his own check account ????? not from Nahkeel??????? I told Nahkeel that this guy would sooner or later **** in his own nest with them and two years later he is leaving.

Nahkeel got rid of a bad apple!!!!!!!!!!!!and maybe have a few more to go. Remember the Arab way is to sorround yourself with people so no one can get to you you can bet that apple employed some people that present a mirror image of himself.

Bottom line also with salaries, they came from the the ones orignial set up by that MD and the owners are just following suit.

I lived in the sand box Saudi ) for 10 years and assure you that the UAE people think Dubai is a fantastic place to live. I was making big money in Sauid and had everything supplied. Most guys there now are all on rotating rosters because the Saudis know 150% NO ONE WANTS TO COME THERE. The UAE people are starting to be shocked form Emirates to the Royal flight and charter cmpanies that people outside of the Gulf will only come on a rostered time off bases. I saw it ion Saudi and it will happen here. The local currency tied to the USD is also killing the salaries offered and no one form Europe can afford to work here anymore.

The area is booming for sure but like we said in Saudi, if you going to live in this hell hole, at leats get big bucks.............. UAE people don't know this yet. When their aircraft are sitting on the ground, the penny will drop

Re Nahkeel, that got rid of a bad egg!!!!!!!!!! at the end of the day they seriously shiy money and will grow!!!!!! lets hope the new staff find it very difficult to get drivers and their rate of pay goes up to at least Saudi standards. A GEX driver in Saudi is on $15,000 / month ++++ and I have friends on a F 900 on $12,000 / month ++++ and on 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. It took the owner 3 years and loosing 11 pilot to realise this rate of pay and time off secures the crew will never leave.

This my first time on PPRUNE, it is interesting