PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger - Greenfield - ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 13:22
Romulus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're working through our RTO application as fast as we can. Once we have that then we can get our apprenticeship scheme up and running.

And YES James, please apply. Kanga is 100% right that it would have been a bit, ok a LOT, wiser for you NOT to admit you really want to do it for a while to become a pilot but let's face it, we were all young and a bit green and needed a break to get over our idealism getting in the way of the "real" world at some point in our lives so if you don't tell the interview panel I won't.

Plus I know that at least 80% of applicants will try and bullsh*t me anyway so I may as well know I have at least one bloke going for it who really, really just likes planes. Maybe you'll make pilot in 2 years (and I'll wish you the best of luck), maybe you'll mke it in 10, maybe you'll just love doing the real work on planes and stick with us for life. Who knows?

Besides, pilots don't fly planes any more, they just have to deal with issues when engineering cock up (which isn't THAT often) and the computers stop working.

Or so the guys tell me!