PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What The Real Problem Is At Saa
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 09:12
nugpot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Negative and unjustified criticism from back seat drivers like yourself
Jetnut, how many faces do you see in the mirror when you shave in the morning?

I would like to refer you to your previous negative and critical posts on various threads on this site.........

SAA will probably survive the restructuring process and I think the pilots will lose relatively little, but I do think that this has served as a wake-up call for those who were contemplating leaving this lovely little corner of Africa.

For Avi8tor and his mates. The playing fields are as level as they will get for the foreseeable future. The other airlines knew what the conditions in SA were when they started operating here. Their pilots knew that they would operate against a state supported airline and that they would never earn SAA level salaries. Those that could not abide by that, left the country and now sit in some forsaken desert or monsoon area and chirp from the peanut gallery.

Get over it guys. SAA will not be privatised and will continue to be supported by the state, even if it uses up every cent of VAT that Avi8tor pays on his trips to SA.

This is from the LABOUR AND PUBLIC ENTERPRISES SELECT COMMITTEE
11 September 2007
SAA RESTRUCTURING: DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISES BRIEFING.
Ms Terblanche stated that the tax payers have always bailed out SAA in the past. DPE should state whether privatization would be a possibility, if the restructuring process were to fail.

Mr Shaw responded that it was true that SAA had been bailed out before; however the restructuring process would be different from the previous attempts. DPE was looking at a process which would be monitored on a regular basis. However when it came to privitisation, one needed to look at the industry and determine who would take on an airline such as SAA under the conditions that it was facing. DPE was focused on making the restructuring process work.