PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GF Missing Millions
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2007, 02:02
ODMEA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly apologies the post went the way it did.
Secondly I have no desire to ever be a pilot and inflict the personal and social ills it brings on ones life..albeit I admire those of you who chose the profession. I further would not choose to be a pilot in a part of the world my rights are as solid as cotton candy/fairy floss(depending where u come from).

So those of you who feel superior because of your status as pilots and myself as a mere passenger think again. I will say it till im blue in the face we F and J pax pay your salaries..simple and its quite interesting how some of you have reacted to that fact. If it bothers you that much go fly cargo where that will be paying for your salaries instead and wont ever challenge you by raising it here on such a forum.

GF pilots who use F seats loudly esp when crew rest is empty need to be reprimanded. Its highly unprofessional and takes away from the job the great crew you guys have who obviously put up with rude pax, poor conditions, crap ac etc and still manage to smile. GO USE YOUR CREW REST that was my sole argument..nothing else. If you need to use F seat do it low profile!!... too much to ask from a pax who has payed on average 10K USD for a multi sector trip within the GCC at any one time?? and I do that 5-6 times a year. I fly F for the space and quiet and have no tollerance for an inconsiderate pilot to disrupt that blatently.

As for the 767 I have re routed many segments upon realising it was the servicing ac....I refuse to pay for J on it..simple. The landings, well it came from one of YOU guys beside me on a flight once that the landing gear when down lies at an unusual angle hence the rougher landings compared to other ac..I'm no engineer so my bibliography is GF flight crew here!

I have been laughed at and ridiculed for maintaining loyalty to GF by MANY collegues and contacts within the GCC and elswhere while the likes of EY, EK and QR are available...VERY easy for me to walk guys but I like something about GF and Bahrain, GF network and the human face of BAH as a transit airport and city, let alone the bargain F class product. I still think GF has a great product and lot going for it and really hope the Arabs and Western expats at the top work for the airline and not thier ego or pockets. I look at the likes of MEA wholly middle eastern run, superb ac, great service with probably 25% of the working capital of GF/Bahrain, economic and political instability yet still working...what's GF's excuse?....think about it!

Some of your responses leave alot to be desired and I apologise for ruffling some of your 'golden' feathers but I have every right to voice my opinon..I pay yr salary remember

Last edited by ODMEA; 17th Sep 2007 at 02:15.