PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger touches down in Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 22:47
gas-chamber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emu , no hidden agenda and my info did not come direct from anyone in CASA. Maybe it came from someone in Tiger ? And maybe a friend of a friend ? Think about what you say before you accuse people of criminal activity. And I certainly did not suggest that Tiger would be unsafe. But CASA is all about pretty manuals with ass-covering statements on every page. Operationally, CASA wouldn't know unsafe unless it bit them on the bum. What competencies do their FOI's have these days and how long will it take them to assess an application of the magnitude of Tiger ? I did not say Tiger would not get an AOC. Just not quite yet. Of course they will get an AOC when they get the right people who know how to deal with CASA, and when CASA gather the wherewithall to assess it.
Virgin also got off to a very poor start with theirs and had to change a lot of stuff and look how long it took them to get ETOPS. Sure, it's just paper and I absolutely agree with anyone who reckons CASA are difficult unless you are a big name airline. The red rat probably wrote its own AOC, but that was another time in history.