PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing allowance SIA Cargo
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 10:14
expat400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Relax TI,

and please don't give me the racist BS about "Or is it a case of the sheep not wanting to mix with the goats?".

I can live side by side with anyone (except maybe George Bush) and in my condo there's people from all the world. Actually, most of them are Singaporean.

I pay a little more than 6000 and that's well within my means. However, the housing in SIA has increased by less than 10 % since 2004. At the same time the rents have doubled so the discrepancy between SIA and CX is remarkable.

It's wonderful for the Singaporean economy that the wheels are spinning so fast and for most locals who own their place it's a blessing but for an expat who can't plan ahead longer than the contract remains the constant increases in rent create problems.

In many cases the increase has meant that families have had to move. It's not a question about "lowering standards" as some unfortunately expresses it. The biggest problem is that you might have settled close to a school and moving means a long commute or changing school (and friends) for the kids.

Last edited by expat400; 16th Sep 2007 at 11:14. Reason: Spelling...