PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 07:55
Tonyq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A pat on the back for BE.......

My first post here, and a story of some excellent service from FlyBe.

On Friday, I flew EDI-MAN, MAN-IOM due to pick up the last flight of the day ex MAN, at 19.55, travelling with 11 colleagues.

When we arrived at MAN, a few minutes early, at 17.40, it became apparent that the previous MAN-IOM flight, due out at 17.15 hadn't gone and was running approx 90mins late. This would inevitable mean that our flight would be at least 90 mins late, meaning we'd get home at 22.00, if at all.

I approached the Flight Support desk, to see if they would put me on the earlier flight, (I was the only one without checked bags in our party), when it eventually left, and after checking with BE it was agreed, and I was switched without any fuss or money changing hands.

Once the precedent was established my rermaining 11 colleagues all asked to be changed and this was done too, on the understanding that the bags might still be on the later flight.

In the event, we all got back to IOM an hour earlier than scheduled and all the bags made it on the same flight, so well done to FlyBe and Flight Support.