PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MID-AIR Collision experience (almost).
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2007, 03:20
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Ovation" good to see yr posts with ref to 'near misses' I'm currently doing battle elsewhere in here with some that take humrance over such issues esspecially in the cowboy section of aviation, AG flying! I've not seen an AG plane as high as you mentioned, obviously in transit, just as well they seem not to venture too far away from base mostly for routine work.
Go to almost any country airstrip where AG planes operate & enjoy (not) the low level non std flying they do...............R/C planes tend to fly higher & they have a 300 ft alt restriction in places!
ATC don't always get it right anyway, none of do really, but most try, not deliberately abuse the rules there for all.
I've seen it all (well feels like it) when it comes to rule breakers out there & that doesn't mean they are all AG drivers, some am sure are very professional in their chosen field. I was at WBL some time ago now when I was surprised to notice my wingspan had grown somewhat in the shape of an AG plane !!!
Anyway nice to know i'm not an orphan here with such close calls.

See & be seen..............sounds plausable enough............but one must at least look inside the cockpit at times if not just to make sure one pushes the correct button to alert the team 'back' there that coffee is req up here !............that's a joke to those that have their guard up !:-)

Stay alert Ovation..............fast name that!

Capt Wally:-)