PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deceptive Position Call at Longreach
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2007, 23:45
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
............pigdog yr way over the top now, I wasn't going to go into the intricacies & depth like you have made here, you would loose a lot of pilots that fly more basic machines & rarely consider yr statements, there's inertia also ( a factor you didn't mention) as you would know that has a lot to do with an aircrafts ability esspecially a heavy craft to 'get out of the way quickly',am more concerned about A/C's positions such as prior to ldg therefore no where near circuit speeds etc..............I'm not going to go back & forth here with you butting heads or anyone else for that matter,am sure none of us here want to be insulted by the uneducated. As you seem to know more than most now there's also engine response time (thrust as you mentioned) in order to assisit in getting out of the way of an intruding plane, turbines are slower to react esspecially just before touchdown, but we both know that now don't we :-).If my words appear flawed to you as you say then that's purely yr assumption & I didn't get the basic point across to you in the first place.

The original comment was refering to the cowboys within the AG industry, (I also mentioned elsewhere that I met a few great ones since passed away sadly) there's cowboys in all facets of aviation, not picking on them persay just poor airmanship seems to go hand in hand with some of them & one can only make those assumptions from first hand experience like everything, something along the lines of the original thread of poor airmanship.

And ty 'sumhorizon" at least this time you where not insulting. I'll ask the Capt to take over blw 10k ft, I only hope I listen to myself !

Capt Wally