PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2007, 20:39
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got suggestions on the best way to get from NCL to New York? Via LHR? DUB? From Edinburgh/Glasgow?
The answer to this question is that often you will get the dest deal from KLM / AF who codeshare in any event. Other times via BA - AA via LHR I Prefer KLM - AF as one can go out on one & back on the other which makes offers a greater variety of timing & aircraft selection. For me I look for AVOD which you get on the 777's & KLM A330's but often not on on others. Anyhow the main point of this is that I was sourcing a NYC return, out & back for 5 days prior to 20 Dec 07 & without too much trouble found may options from NCL sub £350, cheapest being advertised as AA via LHR for £306!, which I eventually took. However out of curiosity I widened my search assuning at these rates there must be some great deals on direct flights from EDI or GLA on CO, as can't stand LHR, but not the case much more expensive !, but on the other hand plenty of availability. So my point is this, is it actually practical to offer NCL - NYC direct at what is likely to be a significantly higher price for a service that perhaps saves one 2 hours in total journey time, but only being of real relevance if timings happen to fit. Note also that as for IFE, at this time US bound 752's currently only offer overhead TV's in Y