PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Pilots set for Industrial Action ?
Old 14th Sep 2007, 20:21
RoyHudd

I Have Control

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NACUD go home...and learn..

I feel sad to read your aggressive modern thoughts.
The agenda is of the 100 (73 is just a rumour) because they will lose their jobs. That's what drives them. Unsurprisingly.
Behind them follow those additional loyal folk now due demotions and/or relocations. That's a piffling percentage of the work force in your books, perhaps 25%, but behind these 160+ people lie income, dependant wives/husbands and children and relatives and families and teachers and friends and homes and pets and schools, in fact the solid basis for their present stable lives.
How can you pontificate on commercial gains, whilst riding rough-shod over those who are to suffer on the sacrificial altar of ROI and IBT? And then have the audacity to write of double standards. And justify the commercial gain with pain. Not yours, my friend.
Shame on you. There is absolutely no need for pilot job losses, as well you know. As do the guys and gals at MYT and TCX.
Giving out the mantra of better airline/more security, etc is deceitful and dishonest, Mr. NACUD. The new, successful company, for which all its selected employees wish, need not replace a chunk of its existing loyal pilot work force with contract pilots, expat opportunists, a flow of well-meaning, vastly inexperienced and recently-proven dangerous cadets, along with Canadian job-swappers. This is smoke and mirrors, as well you know.But you will continue, I am sure.Forget humans, worship profit.
The enormous bonuses of the managers you so admire explain your position. And you will probably succeed.
Bravo.

Last edited by RoyHudd; 14th Sep 2007 at 20:50.