PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Pilots set for Industrial Action ?
Old 14th Sep 2007, 20:17
fly707s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I suggested earlier, why are the aircraft not just dry-leased to one another ?

I have to say I am not a fan of these leasing arrangements. It seems to me that it is a way of getting more productivity out of pilots in the off season, benefits a select chosen few who want extra money and means career progression for First Officers is stifled whilst employment prospects for UK pilots is reduced.

I hope what I've been hearing doesn't come to fruition for all involved at TCX, but it seems the new group DFO has a history of bullying. That may well have worked when MYT was on its knees not so long ago and employees were grateful to still have a job. None of my business really, I have no connection with either airline, but I understand that the resolve amongst the Thomas Cook pilots is that they are not going to take demotions and redundancies lightly whilst foreign pilots are drafted in.

I believe not so long ago, before the merger, the company was forced to back down over the issue of LHS foreigners coming across. I understand the same level of anger exists this time round.