PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DELTA furloughs
Thread: DELTA furloughs
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2001, 07:00
Ontheairwaves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I realise that as loyal Deltoids you will fight for your jobs....fine i would too...but if your company can't afford to pay you then take what you get while the company is up the creek without a paddle and then once profit is being made get more out of it..but it seems crazy not to look at the whole picture and see what's going on.

As for Sabena.....in the 71yrs of operation they only made a profit twice and once in the last 41yrs.....that's because of European government funding....something that the US airlines are only familiar with after 9/11......but that's another topic on this same forum.....

I don't agree with DAL pilots and their opinions....frankly they are very militant.
I know quite a few people who "worked" for DAL in EIDW but no longer do due to outsourcing to pay the wave for more pilot bonuses.....DAL makes money by outsourcing and then the DAL money grabbing pilots come along and get the rest.....not realising that they are screwing their fellow employees...but do they care....not a bit..

Then the DAL pilots push for more money than other airlines under the threat of a walk out....what does this do for the company moral....through the boots of the rest of the employees and then the DAL pilots wonder "why are we not getting the service we used to have in Europe?"....Duh.....well if y'all had taken a pay freeze a while back maybe the good people in EIDW and elsewhere would still be there.....

Yeah i know DAL pilots call themselves professional pilots.....well i call y'all professional conmen.....
DAL has this attitude that they will be around for years to come....really....well then only time will tell

[ 09 November 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]