PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DELTA furloughs
Thread: DELTA furloughs
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 09:47
Donkey Duke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ontheairwaves,

Hmmmmmm. Well, isn't that special. Good one! Maybe (or maybe not) I do work for Delta---regardless I know a heck of a lot more about it than you do. Hello? Bhueler?
You are lame. The pilots and Dalpa haven't gone to Delta yet because they are currently trying to find out through arbitration if their "No Furlough" clause was violated in their contract. The clause---which states
in the "circumstances for which we have No Control"---not Force Mejeur (Which by the way--according to my sources---those words aren't even in the actual contract) states that NO pilot can be furloughed during bad economic times (Now qualifies---umm yep)---regardless of how the company is doing financially. Now, after all that---would the pilots take a "pay cut" or CAP reduction to help the company survive----PROBABLY YES.
But, first they want to see if the furloughs were illeagal. Delta was paid for the days of airplane groundings by the GOVT---and after all that it is all economic. Will the pilots and Dalpa win? Maybe not---but atleast the term "Force Mejeur" will be better explained and more defined. It can't last forever. And, Leo said today at a Solomon Bros. meeting that he expected the loads to be back to pre- Sept 11th by mid 2002---which means by summertime this whole
furlough mess might be over. And to top that off-----Dec 1st more Delta Express flights will come back on line---(the 50% cut will be reduced to 35%). Things will
eventually get better. So, before you go shooting off your dumba@@ mouth ONTHEAIRWAVES, realize that the pilots at Delta want their company to survive, will
help where they can, but want this No Furlough clause thing settled. Remember good old buddy, Leo said---"A Contract is a Contract." Live it and learn it dude!!!

Thanks---Donkey Duke