PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DELTA furloughs
Thread: DELTA furloughs
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2001, 04:26
Donkey Duke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To my DEAR Friends Norman Stanley Fletcher and FFPAX,

First NSF: You actually seem to be very knowledgeable person with an opinion I actually respect, but I believe you are flawed when it comes to Delta. Admit it, you
really don't know what is "actually" going on internally at Delta, do you? Hey, you're over there in Europe---and it's not your fault. You weren't there in Atlanta during 7.5, when the management---Ron Allen---tricked the pilots into giving up wages. It's a fact. You really don't know how much money Delta made after making the pilots give up money during the 1996 contract---and when Leo became the leader and the Delta Alpa
MEC asked him to give the pilots back what they used to have---and Leo said point blank, "Hey, a Contract is a Contract." Management was probably happy ---externally and Internally---with the new contract because the pilots DID NOT get everything that they wanted. Greedy? No---during negotiations you must always "go for the moon" and expect less. The company also opened negotiations with the pilots giving THEM things---even during that robust economy. That is how it works. Did the pilots get too much? Hey---you don't get what you don't ask for. Maybe it is different over there in Europe. Norman---maybe your airline is laughing all the way to the bank because they are under paying you
big time. What are you worth? Atleast the Delta pilots put up the bar---and if your company can afford it, then go for it. If they can't--apply to a bigger airline if you want the money. Times are tough now---and the Delta pilots and Mngmt haven't discussed
anything yet---and they might not. The Flt Attendants have a Vote for unionship coming up, and Mngmt doesn't want it voted in.

And to FFPAX----Who are you going to send these posts to? How do you know if anyone on here works for Delta? I can have an opinion about any airline---regardless who I work for. This is a FORUM. You need a life.

Regardless---It seems Delta will be around after all of this is over. Some airlines
will not, and that is sad. I feel for anyone who loses a job over this. Thank you.
Donkey Duke