PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 28th Dec 2006, 11:48
13snoopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordy
"You "experts" kill me....
This is a standard p/u and d/o procedure here in Canada, and I'm sure elsewhere too. I probably did this several hundred times this summer alone... I know Steve, who he works for, and they type of work he does - it's real."
I personally never said that the procedure is not done---I have seen it done. All I did was say "that" picture was a fake in my opinion. There is a peice of the aircraft missing. Try to read the aircraft # C-??VD, where is the lower portion of the letters. I still think "that' picture is a fake.
No, it's not a fake Gordy.
The reason for the part of the image being "missing" as you call it is simple. It's simply a camera blur. Happens frequently in low light situations and in particular if the subject is moving slightly or the photographer moves the camera just as he/she snaps the photgraph and NO, the whole image doesn't have to be blurred, just a tiny part of it may. That's what happened here. And you cannot always see the blur.
(I thought you said you knew Photo Shop? If you did, you'd know this already)
PS
That isn't a "bent tree" in the background, either. It's a shadowed gap in the foliage.
You really need to brush up on your photo analyst skills.