PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 27th Dec 2006, 23:41
FairWeatherFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordy
"You "experts" kill me....
All I did was say "that" picture was a fake in my opinion. There is a peice of the aircraft missing. Try to read the aircraft # C-??VD, where is the lower portion of the letters. I still think "that' picture is a fake.
A subtle difference is that between a fake and an altered image. Given the difficulty of reading the registration, this may have been an intentional blur/change to give the aircraft some minor level of anonymity. There is some white going onto the chin bubble - i'll get the people with more time on their hands determine if that's got an innocent explanation!
Tap in 206L or 206L-3 into the transport canada site and there's nothing obvious that looks like that registration at the moment. Nothing in g-info to cover the first letter being G. So, there's the new challenge - name that 206L!! (Geologist readers might like to tell us where it's likely to be.)
BTW, it's also quite easy to accidentally mangle images without even realising if you've got them open in photoshop/etc. A crap input device like a laptop's mousepad can assist in making these blunders and if you've already changed it (something innocent like an auto level) then you may well save out the blunder.
Then again, perhaps previous landing was heavy onto a boulder and that just dented it? After that you'd want to re-register the aircraft