PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 8th Jun 2004, 12:20
Capt Hollywood
I'll get me coat......

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DC - The camera is a Cinegyro camera and belongs to Tony Monk films in New Zealand. We were orignally going to use a Wescam on one of our Jetrangers but all of the Australian ones are in Athens for the Olympics.

Ned - The Jayrow Squirrel was on it's way from Melbourne to Darwin so the film crew grabbed it half way for the filming. It was used during last years fire season hence the 'Firebird 302' markings. A keen eye will spot that our Jetranger also has the "Firebird 301" markings as it was on a similar contract.

The actual job was a Japanese TV drama and we were involved in the shoot at Kings Canyon in Central Australia. Apparently the Japanese actors were the equivalent of Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman (Before they split!), very famous in Japan. They paid all their bills in cash, when I went to collect payment the Japanese coordinator had $100,000 lying on his hotel bed which he was casually counting out in $1000 lots to distribute to the various contractors. Nice!

Cheers,

Hollywood