PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 9th Nov 2003, 10:01
crop duster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to BlenderPilot, here a few shots of the B47 I spray in. B47-G2A. It's equipped with a AgNav GPS, smoker, hydraulic spray system, and Crop Hawk spray computer.

These were taken while spraying winter and spring weeds. This allows the farmer to simply plant the next crop and save valuble soil moisture.

It takes about six minutes to put out a load and then back to the trailer for another one. If all I need is product I can be rolling off the pad in 60 seconds or so. These were taken while carrying 60 gallons of spray. The B47 wouldn't hover up off the ground like the picture shows so we simply pull power and roll off the pad by adding forward cyclic. The brown grass behind the truck has already been sprayed, planted, and the milo is just starting to come up. That's why we sprayed this field with the 47 to keep from injuring the emerging crop.

This is my other ride. A little bit faster and will haul quite a bit more. Working speed is 140 to 150 with 500 gallons.