PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deceptive Position Call at Longreach
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 23:30
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
.............................even before they re invented the rules & allowed straight in approaches in a CTAF (for which I feel is just to unsafe) for all this type of poor airmanship was happening. Now we are allowed under certain conditions such as radio equipped A/C etc. to wander on in with no flying of at least 3 legs of a standard circuit. It does boil down to airmanship something that as someone else mentioned here is lacking. A safer arrival in these cases would mean to overfly the circuit 500 above circuit pattern like we all used to do & join accordingly therefore minimizing the hazards. I know that time is money in an aircraft but a mid-air means money also, in a whole lot of different ways! There's always an element of risk in our trade & it's a calculated risk that only the PIC can asses.

See & be seen I think the boffins have labelled it!..........feel comfy in the fact that having seen & avoided the for mentioned event that it was handled in a professional mannor by the 'correct' pilot.

As for AG planes?............well don't get me started on those cowboys!......like some truckies.................I was once told by a heavy hauler in response to my statement "you guys think you own the road!"...........he said........nope...........just the black bit !!!!!

Capt Wally..............safer at Flight levels