PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2007, 22:19
inverted123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry people I did not mean to imply that I used these corrective lenses to pass the ishihara colour test,These glasses do allow you to read the ishihara colour test,I would like to point out that these are not just a red filter they do change the wave-lengths of the colour spectrume,they have only been out for approx 3 Years,these are not Cheap costing approx.$1200.00 to $1500.00 AUS. Now these Lenses are Supposed to be "A CORRECTIVE LENSE",well if you can pass the test wearing these lenses Well what is the Problem?,As long as you are wearing them while you are executing your duties!!If most people are like me I do not have any problems seeing colour's without these glasses I just cannot read some pages in the Ishihara book,My problem is that these lenses are very expensive!!In most cases TWICE as much as vision corrective lenses and you can use these to pass any vision correction test,So WHY are we not allowed to use these "colour corrective lenses?",(Maybe there might be some Law suites in the future),Maybe we are just getting ripped of by the companies who make these corrective lense taking advantage of our "Colour Defiency".We need a chance!!