PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 15:48
TelBoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AdamLT

The tests a the Elephant & Castle will not give you any idea what to expect at Gatwick, unless they have the Baynes or Holmes Wright. It will give you a good idea on where your colour vision problems are however.

The JAA lantern tests are aimed to exclude CVD's. They know our weaknesses and that is where the lanterns test are set at. The CAA/JAA want "normal" colour vision so they search to exclude us CVD's, unlike other places like the USA whos tests are designed to include those that are capable of distinguishing aviation colours as defined in the Air Navigation Order from the ICAO.

100% for your determination mate - keep going and never give up. I don't want to put the mockers on the tests at the Elephant, you will learn about your CVD and knowledge is power, but don't expect it to be a trial run for Gatwick.

Dr Ian Perry I think has the Holmes Wright and is a AME Tel 01264889659 I think he is near Andover in Hampshire. However don't expect the CAA to accept his results, but good for a test and if you pass with him and fail at Gatwick it is more ammo for you, the CAA don't do any maintanance on their equipment