PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Aviation 12 month MPL program -not achievable????
Old 12th Sep 2007, 11:37
paolylo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread didn't just get my attention, it bothers me that your post puts Clark Aviation in a bad light. for someone who's just planning to enroll here, you obviously know a lot more than most of us at CIA.

there's a good reason why we're told not to worry whenever anyone of us brings up the issue. millions and millions of Php have already been invested in this school and yet most people fail to realize that this institution is still in its infancy stages. at this point, i don't mind if indeed the ones who put up this school assumed it was that easy to get CR's/CA's and have someone rated to fly (and train people with) a light aircraft that's never been seen in this country. some of us who entered this school are taking the risk in believing that the MPL will be the way of the future as far as training pilots are concerned (a handful of cadets here are sons of pilots from respectable airliners).

i can't speak for the first 3 batches who are supposed to be flying but their time waiting should be (or is already) compensated for. as far as i'm concerned, this program is very, very tough (top it off with the strict regulations in the ground school) and administrative issues should be the least of our concerns. the people who run this place aren't your typical Philippine college yearbook editor who'll run away with everyone's money. there is progress going on. each week, someone from the ATO checks on the school's status... and occassionally representatives from other airlines such as Gulf Air have expressed interest in sponsoring cadets like Cebu Pacific when the school started out.

for future applicants, the admission process may be much more competitive once the school is already established and further developed.

Cheers!