PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - more resignations?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2007, 08:32
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why can’t HKA upper management accept proven business ideology of modern (western) times that state employee satisfaction will lead to greater success and overall prosperity... albeit with lower profit margins in the interim?
I can assure you that western companies, at least airlines, don't believe in employee satisfaction. I've worked for 2 american companies and I can assure you they are just as rotten as non-american airlines.

Corporate greed is all arround, in different degrees, but it is all the same ****t. You are gonna need to put up with it no matter where you go. It is a conflict of interest for managers to act any other way, just as it is for us. It is a constant tug of war in which one side wins only temporarily, but only takes a little time to return to the middle. The middle is determined by the state of the economy and the general mindset.

Sadly, we are our worst enemy, which I'm sure you already knew. You and I might say piss-off to a company that pays ****t and is especially greedy, but trust me, there is always someone standing right behind us saying "I'll take it". They might be coming from a CFI job or towing banners and to them it is a step up.

One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Sad but true. That is why it is more effective to be united in enforcing contract compliance when your management lot gets particularly greedy. It is definetely more effective than voting with your feet, which actually saves the company money.