PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prescision Air - Bad airmanship
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2007, 17:22
Soap Box Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah so many stories, suprised the thread is not bigger, We all recall the LET-410 phase out program, went rather sucesfully.

Dar is at least better for not favouring them too much unlike kili, best thing is to question the controlers, I know it's frowned upon, but out here with all the training Tanzania does for all the other countries you got to be on your toe's. We got a few good one's here who know how to fit all the bits together.

Went to Malawi, that was a nightmare, told to maintian 4000 agl, and get on the ILS at four miles, only problem was ILS was on the other side of the runway, in the mean time had Malawian ATR ciming in under me visually whilst I was full on IR. Passed over field broke out and had to circle round visually since ILS was dancing all over.

Rule of thumb it always worse some place else, if it isn't then what are you doing there.

If precision gives you grief, give them some back, off course within legal limits.

I still recall a wonderfull and colourfull conversation between ATC at Kili, a C404 and an ATR, God I wish I had a recording of that. 404 pilot penalised Precision nothing.

Only in Africa