PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any Objections?
Thread: Any Objections?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2002, 20:55
Cyberbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey Xenia - Thanks for the good wishes, but just polishing my sailboat at Nice /not too far from the airport/ gets a bit boring after a while, if you see your colleagues taking of from Nice in their nice &shiny jets -doing some nice SIDs by doing wide right climbing turns with T/O-flaps away from the "Promenade des Anglais" ... looks great - especially at night with all the lites on ... . .I'd also fancy a bunch of nice visuals & night approaches in Larnaca, Kefallini or Crete whereever, rather than just sitting around- seeing my (Offshore-) Bank-account melting away ... - probably getting "a bit rusty" in the meanwhile; at least AAI is taking good care of their pilots-workforce /even those being momentarily "out of job" by putting them regularly in the GECAT-Sim in LGW from time to time for recurrency-training ...

Beside that, I can live without sitting in "Sunny Crawley" having another beer in the "Brannigans"- ^not much else to do there.... .Therefore I'd rather "bomb down to Brighton" in my old TRIUMPH-Roadster with some nice &young EXCEL-colleagues, once we've got some time off... ... or renting some light single in Shoreham (really very friendly &helpful people there!) - and taking it over to the channel island or visiting one of the numerous Air-Shows around in spring -or just enjoy flying over Sussex &the shoreline -by the way: what the name of the two big windmills there: "Jil& Gil" or so !? Great fun- just the hedges are really a mess in case ...) -Why I'm posting you all that!?. .'cause life is what you make out of it !!

See U in the CONCORDE-House ;-)) . .---------------------------------------

P.S. If U clip my wings - I'll die !!!

[ 23 January 2002: Message edited by: Cyberbird ]</p>