PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TATC Pay Rise
Thread: TATC Pay Rise
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2007, 10:25
Supertoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right to be compensated?

I find it amusing that this situation generates odd comments like the one from "Me,me,me" about not having the right to be compensated. I really feels that in the new TATC deal, a back pay should have been included to all the TATCs from 207 onwards. How can we explain to the current student licence holders posted at their units that the new starters at the college(of which a third won't make it) will be earning more than them? It is totally unacceptable. NATS is unique in the fact that they are managing to cut all deals freely or let's say with little resistance from the union. I can't see British airways staff accepting new starters earning more than the ones already in place! There would have been one response from the whole of BA: STRIKE! The deal would not even have been negociated. When you get to the the college, you get a very heavy speech about the fact that over 90% of NATS is part of the union and yet we don't feel that Prospect has any power to change anything.The bottom line is that no matter what anyone says, there is no unity among NATS staff, everybody is more than happy to get the best deals for themselves regardless of what it involves for everybody else.Don't even dare say that I should stop moaning about the situation, just face the facts: IT IS US WHO WILL CONTINUE PAYING FOR YOUR PENSION WHEN YOU'LL BE RETIRED! So being on the side of your colleagues who got stuffed will not harm your bank account, believe me we are just asking for support. Thank you to all.