PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want the JOB but will not pay 35k for it?
Old 10th Sep 2007, 00:22
Launchpad McQuack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the insight guys, and Galdian - thank you for your insight from the other end of the tunnel.

The views and opinions expressed in this thread have certainly left one with something to think about...being principled could be a very expensive stance. Having said that, if we ALL decided to stop paying for endorsements then surely it must send a message to Management?? I know, I know....it's like expecting world peace.

Rich-Fine-Green - you point out an interesting consideration...especially for me at the start of my career and being nearly a decade older than most of my colleagues. Those friends I have from days-of-old who are currently flying are mostly Captains with the regionals or F/Os on heavy metal, and I wonder if I am 'cutting my nose off to spite my face' as one poster put it, which could put me well into my thirties before I start earning a reasonable salary...

Having said that, those operators I'd like to get a gig with are paying for endorsements, so I'll try going down that road before resorting to other options.

Many thanks for the balanced and considerate responses guys, I was expecting to get slaughtered....NF cheers for posting this thread.

LP

Last edited by Launchpad McQuack; 10th Sep 2007 at 00:24. Reason: typos