PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2007, 23:18
call100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It always amazes me that people can only harp on about Ryan air when trying to sort any airport problems. Ryan air does not mean huge profits for airports. MOL and his cronies want airports to pay them rather than pay anything for using the facilities. Trouble is not enough of their Pax spend enough money in the shops....
At the end of the day Brum is a profitable airport. We have a bunch of LoCo ops and Ryan air are trying to sneak back in after MOL's embarrassing outburst about BIA costs.
Had it also had a runway extension it could even have been marketed as London's third airport with a fast train link, but even that opportunity was missed, other than serving very niche markets ie the small business community or a price conscious Asian market it really is difficult to see exactly where it goes from here !
London's third airport???? What a stupid statement. It's not a London anything. It's Birmingham airport. Birmingham has enough Commerce to keep it going thank you. I Think you need to re-evaluate your thoughts and try and get a grip on some reality.
It is in no worse and in some cases a lot better shape than anyone else. Once the New pier and Runway work has been finished it will be the fastest growing airport in the country. Yes it should have been done earlier, but, I don't think there is a single airport in the country that has all the answers and all the right boxes ticked....