PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The never-ending 'Modular vs. Integrated' debate - merged ad nauseam
Old 8th Sep 2007, 13:50
Cirrus_Clouds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bottom line is if you can afford to do Integrated and want to take the financial risk and you have security, do Integrated - only you will face the payment consequences if you don't get a job at the end.

Modular can be done either full or part time, costs less, the risk factor to the student is less, whilst there are pilots I know have gone onto Airline training shortly after completing their modular training.

Some airlines prefer Integrated, others are not bothered (spoken to a few) - but at the end of the day, companies want experience and not fresh blood.

As long as you get on with the training generally, only you are in control of your destiny and with being in the right place at the right time, a bit of luck and knowing a few contacts, many things could happen.

Airline sponsorship is few and far between so in regards to paying for flight training, only you as the pilot bear this risk, they have none what so ever. Airlines can "cherry pick" when they wish, regardless of how many pilots are being trained or how they trained.

I'm personally sticking with modular, I prefer not going down the route of a possible bankcrupt position if things don't work out, but your choice!