PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 13:15
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of points (OK, 5!):

One - we can all have our opinions. Mine is based on seeing pilots who hold an IR and have trained in the UK, Spain, Denmark, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Turkey, Cyprus, France, Malta, Iceland, the RAF, Belgium etc. etc. etc.

Two - most people believe that they trained at a great school - because most people only have experience of being an IR student at one school so have no comparative frame of reference.

Three - BA pilots are not scared of raw data flying - they do plenty of it. The Ops Manual even suggests that they practice doing such a thing in order to keep skills levels up.

Four - there are good pilots and bad pilots from all over the place. Some will remember what they were taught during their IR and some will not. For the record, one of the worst I've ever had to work with was a Belgian - but that is a reflection upon him and his attitude more than anything else!

Five - well, I would make point five but it's not polite to quote an IR renewal customer without his permission and it would only upset those who think they got good a high standard of training when doing an IR in Spain.