PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 09:46
AdamLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CVD

hi all

im new to the site and joined after reading all the posts about colour vision deficiency. i once took the test at junior shcool (some 12 years ago) and was told i was 'colour blind'. wanting to pursue my career as an airline pilot, i have done much reserach about condition.
i have done online tests with the ishihara 24 and 38 plates and i can see the majority of the plates but the trace plates cause a few problems. i have read on the CAA web site that if you fail these you have to take approved lantern tests. i have heard so many different varients of this, including the farnsworth lantern, holmes-wright lantern, giles-archer and many more.
i have heard many student pilot's failing these due to nerves and not knowing what to expect in the exam. i don't want to fail in the same situation. i feel confident i'll pass the lantern tests but who knows till the day.
i have heard of the Applied Vision Research Centre in London and see they do similar tests to that of the CAA. would it be worth going there to see what goes on??
i was wondering what advice, if any, you could offer.

cheers for your time

ad