PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Spain
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2007, 00:27
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moggiee,

Sorry my man, but I do NOT agree with you.
I studied at Airmed in 2001/2002. all my classmates of my promotion got a job within the year flying jets, and this without any retraining. Moreover, I sometimes am surprised how basic the knowledge of some newly graduated Oxford/Cabair/etc. students is, even not knowing how to calculate a direct routing, not being able to force direct or teardrop entries, not being able to tell 2 different ways how to make sure the DME-arc is accurately flown,... never practiced REAL engine failures during twin-training ( I mean stopped engine, not just retarding).
The UK is full of "procedures", but tell you what, that DOES NOT make you a good pilot.

I am fed up by some British, thinking that the UK is the Mecca of Aviation. It is far from it. Your levels are way below what is standard in for example Belgium. (yes, I am Belgian).
I flew in my previous airline with mostly ex. BA/BMI etc. guys. Guess what, they were afraid the moment you dare to mention raw-data. NEVER did I see them putting off the flight-director. And that is NOT "the way it should be done". not at all.