PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 19:22
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A340 and bits......

Was walking across Sheldon Country Park when the great four engined beast took off (am not a spotter, no idea it was due just luck I was there), from where I stood it used pretty much ALL the runway to get off indeed nearly shaving a few hairs off the top of me head as it screamed overhead - great sight though can't see it being a regular one!!

BHX have not missed the boat at all just chose the pedalo
- what a great phrase get that trademarked!!!

Ryanair/LCCs - BHX does have LCC carriers but just ones that stay safe and stick to what they know they're good at, I can't see Baby, Flybe or Monarch doing anything particularly radical in the destinations department, even with extra aircraft etc. Each of these also have to consider routes from other airports aswell, particularly Flybe who it has to be siad def favour Southampton. I don't think BHX should get into bed with Ryanair, we have a good spread of airlines and a few would almost certainly shy away if FR were to set up a base (not that they will!), BUT a few more routes from them on 'W Pattern' would be nice to/from other bases in Europe (PLEASE Pisa so I can visit my sister without spending longer on the motorway getting to EMA than in the air!!!!)

Overall BHX is a good airport from the pax perspective (I was off a full Emirates 773, reclaimed bags and in my car in half an hour two weeks ago) but it does lack imagination in its routes - a bit more work on this and things would be better