View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 18:58
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHX

Bagso

BHX have not missed the boat at all just chose the pedalo

"no LCC's" - I know some only count EZY & FR but as SLF I would
say BABY are the next best thing. I have flown with them to EDI £26 & £27, Amsterdam, £31 & £40 and booked Prague at £45 return and in my
book that is lo-cost (although they won't make money out of me).

You know with Baby what you are going to get a fairly slow expansion
but to be fair three extra based units this year was not bad.

Coventry - a good thing in the end as it woke BHX up (a bit), got some of
their routes (AMS, FCO & NCE) and now barely notice the TOM flights
although Wizz have got off to a good start.

East Mids long-haul - I think it is reducing next year (well First Choice) but BHX is adding Montego Bay and Punta Cana. BHX also has Bridgetown
and Goa in winter and other than the total embarrassment of the Florida flights it is not that bad. Schedule flights westbound could and should be better but not the end of world.

There are some gaps with the European flights but both Ryanair & Easyjet have added destinations this winter but perhaps a bit more was expected of baby (taking two BHX overnighters away for maintenance).

The airport is profitable, plenty of space for parking aircraft, terminals not overcrowded and I have heard far less complaints than usual (I know that is subjective), in order words reasonably pleasant to fly from although security delays are hit and miss.

Ryanair - all very well but will the airport make any money from them, will the pax spend money in the shops? Nice big pax numbers but it has to cut both ways.

Pete