PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's Happening at Airways NZ??
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2007, 08:10
SayAgainSally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope you enjoyed the show folks

It was 20 years ago to-day that Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play - well thought that was a nice way to end this thread, as it appears it is dead.

So
1) PP, Mr Pig, Singapurcanac, Diving Duck - trust you are slightly more edified,
2 ) DTLP - man you are right brother - talk about a fizzer,
3) Heywa - may see you soon - application in,
4)27/09 and Quad - well said,
5) Tin Pusher - Hello and nice to hear from you again.
From what I understand Ashley does look at this site (and by the amount of hits without contribution - a fair bit I would say)
I also understand that the last time he was in the centre down in CHCH, every time the conversation got on to the negotiations/staffing/etc, he would move to the next sector - non so deaf as those that will not hear - or something like that - was it?
One, I think, of the negotiators have resigned.
I understand that recalls are up.
Industrial action? - it's not all about industrial action - NZALPA get in there and negotiate.
Frustrating time - yes for Airways mainly as a) this is a major tie up of time, expense and resource, b) their plan of a major restructing the rosters has been put on hold (as they try to shuffle chairs on the Titanic), and c) over all, it could cost them more in recalls than the back pay.

Oh well nice while it lasted guys - good to see we are sticking together - enjoy the show (know I do)

And so ended the thread "Whats happening at Airways NZ"

SAS