PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2007, 16:55
pokergirl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Following on from sign it to your room.

I agree whole heartedly with you.

I have said from the start of these discussions that a decent pay increase is needed ie 4.8% plus some increase on trip pay. We are very lucky in some respects in virgin ie crew service centre, vswap, etc.

As a commuter standby is quite difficult and expensive for me and many others but if it is needed by the company than so be it, after all compromise is the key here. I chose to live where i live after all. So in terms of what would i prepared to give up, standby would be would be my choice, i would give up the fight to lose it. If that makes sense. It seems the strike mongers are only a minority and the majority of crew want this resolved but we are not prepared to be walked all over . I also think the pay deal because of the games played between Mr Bollocks Boyd and virgin needs def to be back dated to april. There has been so many managers and union reps around check in , supposedly listening to what as a crew we want yet, none of the deals offered have represented our thoughts. I just would like to ask our other departments to bear with us , as i know if they were in the same situation we as crew would support them