PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester AAVA 'ban'.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2007, 18:13
ifaxu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
swanwick avas

slight thread creep I know but contrary to some of my colleagues I think the union reps at swanwick behaved appallingly in response to a members feelings on the remuneration offered for AVA working.
Whilst not agreeing with his argument I believe he had the right to raise his concerns and that the union could have kept the matter as an internal issue without involving the unit management. Some union reps need to remember that they are not go betweens who just inform the membership of the results of their cosy meetings with management over a nice meal and several pints.
Every member of our union has the right to question union policy and not expect a spiteful reaction from their representatives.
I reiterate that I do not agree with the gentlemans argument but feel he has been harshly dealt with by his colleagues and his union.
People need to think how they would like to be dealt with if they were in a similar situation to him. We all make mistakes at work and this wolfpack culture does a disservice to both our professionalism and our compassion.
As for bringing individual incidents into the argument that is beneath reproach and not worthy of the playground never mind the workplace.